Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something.
Happy Thursday! With Generation Beauty LA 2017 around the corner. Tia and I wanted to provide you with some tips and tricks to get the most out of your experience. We have attended it since the beginning, so we have figured out ways to make the most our of our trip. We thought that they might work for you as well.
If you do not live close to the venue and will be making travel plans, I suggest going with friends to split the cost and keep expenses at a minimum. You can easily split the cost of the hotel and transportation. Once you get into the city where they are holding the event, you need to think about transportation from the airport. Depending on where you stay, some hotels might provide a free shuttle, but most won’t. With that being said, I would suggest using Super Shuttle.
Super Shuttle provides versatile rides for a solo traveler or a big group. They have many different options to choose from, like shared shuttle, non-stop shuttle, black car, or black SUV. They offer services in most major cities and some international. The experience I had using Super Shuttle was great because they are very easy to locate at the airport and get you to your destination in a timely manner.
There’s usually a few of us who get together for Generation Beauty, so make sure everyone’s flights arrive the same time to take a Super Shuttle to the hotel together. It’s a very affordable option and split between you and your friends- win, win! This also provides lots of extra room for luggage! It really is travel made easy.
You’re going to an almost all day event, but let’s be real..we’re girls! But, there is no rule that says you can’t look cute, glam, and comfortable. One of our favorite places to shop is AMI Clubwear. AMI clubwear has everything from clubwear to cute and casual. This site is really affordable with pretty great quality items. Tia and I decided that we wanted to dress up on the first day of Generation Beauty. We scored some pretty amazing dresses from AMI Clubwear for cheap.
We both ordered some beautiful dresses from AMI Clubwear. The dresses were made really well, flattering to our body shapes, and they were $12.00! Crazy, right?
You can also find swimwear, shoes, costumes, and lingerie. Another great thing about AMI is that they always have some kind of promotion running. Right now, they are running a 50% off sale and free shipping over $50. Check out the deals here.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you will be on your feet a majority of the time due to lines and be running from booth to booth. You will want to wear comfortable shoes. Believe me, your feet will be hurting.
Now that we got the basics out of the way, let’s get into our tips for the actual event.
Gen Beauty Tips
Here are tips that have helped Tia and I survive and get the best experience we possibly could at Generation Beauty.
- Take a look at brands attending the venue and follow them on all social media to save time at the booths.
- Come up with a course of action! Make a list of all the booths/brands you want to check out first.
- Bring a portable phone charger, selfie light, and if you’re a vlogger/blogger bring you vlogging camera and business cards.
- I wouldn’t suggest bringing a huge purse, because of how much stuff you’ll be carrying. A crossbody or wristlet will suffice.
- Bring a snack and water bottle
- Eat something before heading out.
- Don’t drive! The venues are in busy areas with expensive parking. Save yourself the trouble and Lyft it! Click here to get the app. Lyft was also partnered with Ipsy and Gen Beauty SF.
- Arrive a couple hours early. For Gen beauty SF, I arrived at 8:30. Keep in mind doors usually, do not open till 11. The sooner you arrive, the better.
- If you didn’t get a chance to eat before heading out to the event, then have a friend or yourself run to get coffee and some food. There are food carts at the venue.
- Hit the more known brands first, because their lines will fill up fast.
- When you’re in a long line, have one person in your group hold your place in line, while they go check out the smaller brands groups. Switch off! This is the best way to work the lines.
- Go both days because usually, you’ll get different things.
- Sundays are more relaxed and not as crowded. Don’t worry about going all glam on Sunday, it’s the perfect time to take advantage of all the makeovers.
I hope these tips and tricks help make the most out of the next Generation Beauty. If you see us at any of the events, please do not hesitate to stop and say hi. We’d love to meet you!
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.